Friday, February 11, 2011

Dish Report: Restaurant Quality

"I'd order this at a restaurant."
"Mom this is the best I have ever had."
"It had a lot of onions, but it tasted really good."

These were the "dish report" lyrics of a yummy tune sung by my family last night over last night's out of the ordinary dinner.

Before I tell you what I made, I have to catch up on "Snow Day 2011."
I'm sorry it's taken me 7 days to the date to post our name-sake's event of the 2011 winter season.

I meant to post it that day, but no matter...
LQ got to see snow for the first time at the ripe age of 6 yrs, 9 months.


See how he had to get really close to the ground to make sure he was really seeing snow?

(Please, pay no attention to lack of snow on the grass or under the cars)
Then, we had to work quickly - with a kitchen spatula - to make one of these...

We called him Teeny Tiny Snowman, my friend Cathy called him Snow-gnome.  Haha!
He measured in right under 7 inches tall.
Then we went inside and made pancakes & hot chocolate.


In case you weren't aware of the Arctic Blast in San Antonio, schools closed for the day, restaurants & other businesses waited until the noon hour, because we, San Antonians, know only how to drive on hot sticky asphalt.  Snow & ice freak us out!  It all worked out and by 11 am, the snow was quickly melting and the sun was absolutely brilliant for the rest of the weekend.  On Saturday afternoon, I believe the temp was over 65 degrees - Oh, how I absolutely love South Texas weather.

The week had other distractions, both LQ & V were home Mon-Wed with the flu.  They went to school on Thu, and had a snow-day holiday on Friday.  Plus, Q came home Thu afternoon with a fever so I loaded him up on nyquil and other flu meds.  Praise God everyone was feeling better by Saturday and Q, LQ & I went to the Live Oak park and played frisbee golf.  V had to work but she was back to her beautiful self... See?

Hard to believe my baby girl will be graduating from high school in May.
*sigh*

*** DISH REPORT ***

While we were playing frisbee golf on Saturday, Q called his Dad to ask about their dinner plans.  We were already out and I knew that I was not in the mood to cook dinner and burgers sounded good.  They were already cooking up sausage and had some meatloaf, green beans & salad to go with it.  Naturally, Q worked his "son magic" and received an invitation for dinner.  Everything was delicious, of course, and let me state right now - I love meatloaf.

I searched the allrecipes.com website, meatloaf recipes, and found a Chipotle Cheddar Meatloaf.  Sounded really good and I already had most of the ingredients at home except for chili sauce and an onion.
It was really good!


Did I tell you what my family said...?

"I'd order this at a restaurant."
"Mom this is the best I have ever had."
"It has a lot of onions, but it's really good."

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!