Monday, July 30, 2012

Beautiful day

Exactly 10 days ago, I rolled my right foot stepping off a curb. It didn't swell as I expected it to and within a few days, it didn't hurt much at all. Four days later I went for a 2.5 mile run in my hood and it felt a little sore after that so I stayed off of it for the rest of the week.  One week later, on Saturday, it felt alright, so I decided to complete the shortest route of 5 miles that was open for our running group. Again, I finished feeling OK, not great, but OK. 

LQ & I spent a beautifully fine day with my oldest daughter in Austin and went hiking along one of the greenbelts. :)


We had a great day together - hiking, eating, swimming & even got to watch a movie at her apartment.  LQ and I got home pretty late but very blessed that we made the trip.  F was a spectacular hostess <3

*****

I woke up Sunday morning and my right foot was not doing the happy dance!  The greenbelt was a very rocky trail.  My foot hurt.  A.Lot!  I seriously need to rest it.  One week was not enough.  I've got a pretty busy marathon/half-marathon calendar for the Fall/Winter season and I would hate to miss any of it :(  First marathon is in 12 weeks...


Marathon/Half-Marathon Schedule
Oct 27 - Chosen Marathon
Dec 31 & Jan 1 - New Years Double Marathons

So, for the next 2-4 weeks, I am going to rest my foot.  I will commit to a swim, bike and yoga schedule at the gym and resist the urge to put these asphalt-kickers on my feet...


Psa 16:8-10
"I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay."

I must rest and trust that this desire to run marathons and half-marathons will not go unfulfilled.  This is not only a physical activity for me but an opportunity to show what He has physically done in me. 

I will rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!