Saturday, August 18, 2012

Painting Birthday Party

Have you heard of Painting with a Twist ?

It's a painting class, whereby, you and a friend or two (or 10)
meet, paint a canvas, as instructed by a local artist,
share a bottle of wine (or 6... um, yea... )
and paint.

We met there this past week for my mother-in-law's birthday.
She's the one pictured in the middle.
...Dora, Dee, Linda, the birthday girl, Debi, & Sophie...


...Brenda, Sandy, Connie, Carmen...



... and Me... here with my Mamacita.

 

And talked my ashphalt-kicking-sister, Connie, into coming with me.
(it wasn't that hard to do, lol)


 We all look so involved in our creations...
But, it could have been the wine, or champagne, or even the relish tray!





We had a GREAT EVENING!
We all left with a beautiful canvas to place in our homes
(or give away as white elephant gifts - beware!), but mostly
we got together and created a fun-filled memory of a birthday-evening
of laughter, food, wine & treasured friendships!


I'm looking forward to doing this again!

2 comments:

  1. Our women's club did this with a local artist but I wasn't able to go. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the funnest times I've had... I keep glancing at their calendar to see what canvas I want to paint next! LOL

      Delete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!