Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Most of the time it's good...

I consider myself a pretty good cook.  I can whip up a meal when there appears to be 'nothing to eat' and we all enjoy it.  I can follow a recipe and even tweek things to my liking and 'make it my own.'  There are some things that I have never attempted to make because, well, for lack of a better excuse, it requires too many dishes.  Like... fried chicken.  It takes 4 plates/dishes for prepping and it's just too messy to cook.

A couple of nights ago, Q expressed that he liked having me home more and it made me feel warm and appreciated so I thought I'd make a meal that was not on the usual menu rotation.  Yup... fried chicken.  The prep work was easy, and yes it was messy but I was feeling pretty good about what was to come.  The end result - 'blackened fried chicken.'  The oil was way too hot - Eke!... however, it did have flavor potential.  Q ate it and said 'it's not bad' but he didn't have seconds and this morning he said I didn't have to pack lunch for him, he normally takes leftovers.  Vicki tasted it and opted for sloppy jo leftovers from Sunday - she thanked me for the effort.  Little Q ate it with lots of ketchup - thank god for ketchup.

Tonight, I'm sticking to a rotation meal - take out.  All the dishes are in the dishwasher.

2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh because I had the exact same experience. I think fried chicken is one of the hardest dishes to cook EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Gina!! So funny, but Iam totally impressed by your effort!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!