Friday, August 20, 2010

A little news...

Grandma Sara. 

She's still in the hospital.  They were scheduled to perform a colonscopy yesterday but when they tried to do it, she still had some blockage so they are going to try again today.  I went to see her yesterday and she looked tired and weak.  It made me sad to see her that way.  I'm still praying for a little more time but I trust God and am so grateful to Him that she is my Grandma.  I love looking at her face - her eyes, her hair, her smile, her cheeks - she is so beautiful and I love her very much.  I love hearing her laugh, it doesn't matter how strong or weak her laughter is, it warms my heart and then I love her even more.  I can only imagine how much God loves her.  He knows so much more about who she is than I ever could.  I am just so blessed to be her granddaughter.

... and it's Friday.

On most Fridays, it means that my hubby and I go out to dinner (Vicki usually works and sometimes the boy is with us and sometimes not).  But tonight I am going to a vocal training party for the worship group, and I'm looking forward to it.  Since I'm moving over to the NW campus for a spell, I sure am going to miss singing and hanging out with this group.  Hubby and I are going to San Francisco on the 29th for a week so we'll make up date night with date week.

Bonus!  I don't have a 6am Saturday morning run - so I get to sleep past 5am.  The running group is still gathering for a 10k race but I opted not to run the race and sleep til 6:30 and enjoy a homebound 10k run plus use the $30 registration fee for a new pair of running sunglasses. 

Monday is "Back to School!"  I've been doing the "happy dance" for a few days now.  All the school supplies have been purchased, all we want to get this weekend are new shoes.  I'm thinking that it would be a fine idea to get out to the pool while everyone else hits the tax-free weekend.  Yes, I will miss the fun filled days of summer, but I'm looking forward to getting back onto a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!