Friday, August 13, 2010

My Grandma

My Grandma was admitted to the hospital last night and she was not doing very good.  I went to visit with her today and although she looks and sounds better today, she was still in ICU trying to get her blood levels back to normal range (blood sugar had dropped to below 20) among other things that need to get back to normal (like potassium, calcium & sodium levels), she doesn't want to eat since it upsets her stomach and goes right through her.  I'm praying for some relief for her and I'm praying that God will allow us all to celebrate a physical recovery for her so we can take her home and enjoy her life and company a little longer.

This year she will celebrate her 87th birthday on 10/12.  If you ever get a chance to meet her, you will know exactly where I (and all of her daughters, grand-daughters, & great grand-daughters) have learned how to laugh.

Here she is at her 85th birthday celebration.

Here we are at Fiesta Flambeau 2009.

She has always had a sweet tooth so when Little Q gave her a Ring Pop she was all over it.

Of course, he made sure he had one too.

1 comment:

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!