Friday, December 3, 2010

Dish Report: There's nothing to make...

I have been without a car since Wednesday morning and as far as groceries were concerned I figured I was doing OK even though I hadn't really gone grocery shopping since before Thanksgiving.  Believe it or not, there are still Thanksgiving leftovers in my refridgerator that I must throw out.  Anyway, I started to plan what I was going to create for my Thursday night "out of the ordinary" dish and realized that my ingredients were limited and I was having trouble putting together a complete meal for the evening. 

Q got home from work and I tried to muscle him into leaving to either go to the grocery store or to go out to eat...  not really...  I didn't really muscle him...  remember I'm an overzealous optimist - I count on him eventually saying "yes" to something...  I kinda half-heartedly suggested going out, then after he had already changed into his Dallas Cowboys pajama pants, I ranted out a couple of options that I could make like...  tacos, but I had no tortillas...  picadillo, but I had no potatoes...  I have everything for spaghetti & meatballs, but he really doesn't like the spaghetti sauce that's currently in the pantry and I don't have what I need to make one from scratch...  are you seeing my optimism slowly fading?  LQ wanted me to order pizza, but Q was not really wanting to over indulge on pizza.  Yes, it's quick, but it's too easy for each of us to eat a whole pizza.

So I made this for Q, LQ & Me (the girls were both working). 



Who doesn't like breakfast sandwiches?  Egg, 2 slices of cheese & ham, on buttered & grilled potato bread.  I added the tomato for me and LQ dipped his in ketchup (not surprised)... and Q added an onion & garlic seasoning which gave it an extra special touch.  I remade the sandwich for me this morning since I forgot to take a picture of it last night and it was so very yummy... and, Yes... That is a skull on the plate.  That's how I roll in the morning. 

Then I cut one of these juicy grapefruits for LQ & me.  They were delivered to me for FREE from one of the vendors at the marathon expo. 


I entered so many raffles that day and I filled out so many information cards, I'm not sure if I won them or if they were sending them to everyone.

It was all quite tasty.  In fact, Q & LQ each asked for another sandwich.  Which I ate more than half of LQ's cuz he couldn't finish it.  What a good mommy I am - it's no wonder I can't fit into my summer shorts!

Have a great weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Way to be creative! I hate nights like that . . . nights where I have no idea what to make whatsoever! Usually we just give up and eat oatmeal! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!