Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Elf your Face

I'm behind on my blogging.
I've started a number of posts but they remain unfinished, therefore, they are growing stale.
I really don't like it when that happens.

Today I'm joining the "Wednesday Hodgepodge" by
Joyce's "from this side of the pond" blog.

1. What does it mean to have the 'holiday spirit'?
The true holiday spirit is about love and kindness, not materialism and shopping.
Do your best not to get caught up in the latter.
This past Sunday our church gave us all a
I invite everyone to try it out.
 
2. What sits atop your tree (s)? Why?
An Angel.
We've had her since our first Christmas together, 15 years ago.
Every year, I say I need to get a new tree topper.
Every year, I still put her on top of the tree.

3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?
We went to a Christmas party on Monday night and we were all to bring finger foods.
I made peanut butter & jelly 'sushi' rolls (as per Q's suggestion).
I thought it was gonna be lame, but they were very tasty,
and quite a hit, if I do say so myself.

 
4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?
SMELL!
From food to fragrance to candles to more food.

 
5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
MAIL!
I really do try to throw away all junk mail, but I simply can't.
I almost always, always, always, keep a coupon, or a magazine, or postcard, that I think I'm going to need or use later.
Sadly, I rarely ever, ever, ever do.
BUT, when I do - I am very happy &
experience a 'pat myself on the back' moment.

 
6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?
Tamales & Ham on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
My sister & I are making tamales with my Mom this weekend.
They are so very good when they are freshly made.
Christmas morning, I like to make a big breakfast,
complete with pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast & coffee/hot cocoa.

 
7. What is the best thing about winter?
Warm thick socks & big fluffy blankets.

 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I installed the "Elf your Face" app on my iPhone
and LQ 'elfed' a pic of grapefruit.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the mail! I have a file where I throw coupons and I usually end up cleaning it out every now and then and tossing everything. At that point I do not feel guilty because by then they've all expired. It's crazy logic! And you're right...every now and then I'll use one and feel like I've accomplished something...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been LIVING in big socks and fluffy blankets lately :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!