Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fiesta!


It's Fiesta week in San Antonio! 
"Fiesta really is one of America’s truly great festivals. It began as a way to honor the memory of the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. That commemoration still takes place. But over the past century and more, Fiesta has grown into a celebration of San Antonio’s rich and diverse cultures. 2011 marks Fiesta’s 120th anniversary."

For most of my life I've done at least one thing Fiesta, but I might miss it this year!  For the past couple of years, I've run in the Fiesta Flambeau parade, then hung around for all the Fiesta family fun afterwards.  But I won't be able to this year cuz of my foot (which has gotten better, and I started running again this week - yippee!); PLUS, V has her high school prom this Saturday and we have a day of errands and prepping on Friday and LQ has a tball game on Sat morning.  Maybe, maybe, maybe, I can convince the hubster to take me to watch the parade on Saturday night.  It's more my thing than his, but I really do love a parade!

For now, I'm catching up with yesterday's Hodgepodge at Joyce's blog.

1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
Significant conversation with one or two people.  Good, in the sense that I get to know and understand someone on a deeper level.  Not so good, cuz I miss not getting to know everyone else.

2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
Big floor Texas state flag pillow my Mom had made.  My Mom used to make all kinds of crafty things while she was at work.  She worked as an LVN at a day mental health clinic.

3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
I stay on my side of the bed.  I don't steal the covers, but I do hold on to them pretty tightly.  When the hubster rolls over he tends to pull them over with him.  As far as snoring, I don't think I snore loud or often, but I have woken myself up on very few occassions.  :)

4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
I'm pretty sure that I've never eaten lamb for Easter.  Most of the time, it's a backyard barbecue with chicken, fajitas, sausage & sides include, spanish rice, borracho beans, potato salad & tortillas.

5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
I have mine in a file cabinet in a big zip lock baggie.  Very secure.

6. As a child, how did people describe you?
Considering as I was the oldest child and grandchild, I was probably a little bossy.  Perhaps members of my family - dad, mom, sister, brother or cousins would like to comment (but be nice!).

7. What do you complain about the most?
These days, how fast this year is going!!!  If you are watching The Amazing Race and are over 40, maybe you're living this along side of me... "Once your over the hill you pick up speed."  Eke!!!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm behind in my blogging!  LQ & I went on a road trip this past weekend to Dallas to go watch my nephew Patric play basketball.  We had a good time - so I hope to recap it for you very soon!

1 comment:

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!