Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do Drink the Water...

Over the winter til almost a month ago, I could go out for a morning run at 10/10:30am and finish my run in a comfortable sweat.  When I go out for 30-40 min, I usually don't carry any water with me since I won't be gone long and like I said, I only get comfortably sweaty.  Monday's run was a different story.  I ran out of my house at 9:15 and there was a nice breeze and, yes, the sun was shining, but it felt tolerable.  I went out for my usual 30 min's and by the end of 10 min - IT HIT ME!  TEXAS SUMMER'S ARE HERE!  So, to all my Running BFF's - Carry & Drink Your Water!!!!!



John 4:14-15 (NIV) ...but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”  The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

One of the things I enjoy about running is the time I have to think & pray.  As I was thinking to myself, "You dummy, why in the heck did you not bring any water?  You remember how hot it's been over the last few days?  Didn't it almost hit a 100 on Mother's Day?  You better carry water with you next time!" ... as these thoughts turned to my Saviour, I remembered that I don't want to wait for the heat to remind me that my spirit needs a steady stream of His living water.

Jesus, I am realizing that not only do I need you, but I need a steady streamed dose of you.  Like my body needs water to perform, my spirit and my soul need your living water to live!  "Give me this water so that I won't get thirsty again."  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. That's almost like a "dare" to leave a comment!

    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your innermost thoughts with us. Whether you want water to keep you from getting thirsty or thirty, I believe you have tapped into the "fountain of youth" with your healthy living lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!