Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last wk's post has resurfaced!

Last week Blogger had something technical happen that caused this post to "disappear" and it came back today.  So I'm re-posting it.  Enjoy

***************
ORIGINALLY POSTED 5/12/11

"BOWLING & HODGEPODGING"
***************

Q & I bowl in a Wednesday league.




We bowl with my Mom, Dad & Brother.
It's a family affair.






This is NOT my family.



He has a 214 avg.  Mine is 143.

He's bowled a perfect 300 game.  Twice.

I've had a 500 series.  Twice this season.

(for you non-bowlers, that's total pinfall over 3 games)



He is clearly more focused on the ball than me.





This IS me & the hubster.


At least 8 weeks ago we were floating at about 6th place of 18 teams.

We were 22 points out of first place.

The last 4 weeks, we've made a significant climb.

As of last night WINS (did you catch that?), we are in 1st place by 1 game!



Next week is our final round of bowling for this season

Position Round.

(for you non-bowlers out there, it's 1st vs. 2nd, 3rd vs. 4th, etc.)



I believe that Q (and my brother and my Dad) will be very focused on their balls this week.







 **********



*** Linking to Joyce's Hodgepodge today ***

Click on the button below for some good reading.
1. How many times in your life have you moved house?

TWELVE.

I instantly got tired when I realized this number.


2. What subject would you study if you had a year to devote to it?
Languages top the list.

Spanish in Mexico.

Castilian Spanish in Spain.

French in Italy.



Academic subjects not so much.
3. What in this world breaks your heart?
Hungry children.

World Vision

This is a great organization and we've sponsored a child for the past 2 years.

She is precious.



4. What is one item that symbolizes the times in which we live? Why?
Texting & Emailing.

Many, many, many people don't have the courage to make a call anymore.

I think this causes "over-reactions" or "lack-of-reactions" when in-person conversation takes place.



5. Share a favorite bumper sticker or t-shirt slogan.
I've liked this t-shirt slogan from Another Mother Runner for a long time.



I haven't gotten it cuz I don't want to hear my 6 year old read it out loud.



6. How do you like your spaghetti?
Al-dente with italian sausage and garlic cheesebread.



7. What is one piece of advice you would give a recent, or soon to be recent, graduate?
V, my 18 (almost 19) year old will be graduating from HS.

She got approved (yesterday) for an apartment lease.

Our advice to her has been...

"Don't take in all the strays you come in contact with - animals & people."



8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am getting really excited about the fall running season!

Marathon training starts next week.

 Texas Marathons = 3 marathons in 3 months.

Add in San Antonio and you get 4 marathons in 4 months.

Crazy!  Crazy!  Crazy!


1 comment:

  1. Fun post! I want to come cheer you on in bowling :) ha ha That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!