Wednesday, March 16, 2011

$1500 Cup

Hodgpodging with the gals over at Joyce's "bloghouse"

1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend this pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation someplace. Now tell me what you would do with that pot of gold?
I would buy a new dining table.  I've seen one at Costco.  It's a square counterheight with 8 chairs for around $900!!!  Then I'd have plenty left to get new dishes, glasses, and silverware.  I have no idea what happens to all of our spoons!  I could have sworn there were 12, now there are only 7!!!  If I'm smart with this little $1500 cup, I should have enough left to cover my racing fees for this year so I wouldn't have to budget my races and the Mister wouldn't look at me like I'm crazy cuz I like to spend money to run 26.2 miles with thousands of crazy people through the streets of Texas major cities.

2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
Only to pinch the person next to me.

3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
I have!  I cleaned the fridge on Sunday, cleaned the loft Monday, cleaned the freezer yesterday, and I'm gonna work on the craft/music room next!  I've been motivated to do a little bit everyday (Small Things) by Rachel Anne and the Company Girls.  I have been an ALL or NOTHING kind of housekeeper, so I'm trying to adopt the notion that "a little bit add up quick."  The spring cleaning job that I dread the most is THE PANTRY!!!

4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green?
Lime & flourescent are my faves :)

5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I believe that we make our own luck thru the grace & power of our Father... 2 Cor 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind).
1. Chocolate Cream
2. Dutch Apple
3. Peach

7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense?
Common sense sprinkled with age-appropriate intelligence.  I am publicly admitting that in a moment of weakness, I foolishly allowed myself to watch Jack*** 3-D with my brother (in celebration of his 31st birthday) and my dear hubby.  Yes, I did laugh at some parts, but I wanted to throw up at others.  That's all I'm gonna say about that.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love looking at other blogs and their design.  I haven't figured out how to add the cute photo banners and cute labels.

We had family pictures taken at Christmas time by Breanna.
Here's ONE of my favorites.


Have a Wacky Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, from answer #3 you are quite busy.
    I wish I had that motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute family photo!

    I tend to be all or nothing too which means its usually nothing because who has time to do all? I've adopted the little bits mentality more in recent years.

    My daughter does blog header design, buttons, etc...her blog is http://sincerely-shannon.blogspot.com She has a link to her design page there. She made my header and just did a really cute photo header for Mommy's Melodies....just a suggestion : )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!