Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Because I want you to know...

If you are a runner or a walker, I care about you and your safety.  When I first joined the running group, I didn't know these "rules of the road."  There are so many times as I'm driving and I see people on the wrong side of the road and all I do is pray they are kept safe.  So even if you are not a runner, but you enjoy walks on the streets in your neighborhood, these apply to you too :o)

Running and Walking - Rules of the Road Walkers and runners must always practice safety first when training near traffic! The first four of these are Texas laws.
  1. Please always walk/run facing oncoming traffic.
  2. Always stay on the sidewalk when one is available.
  3. If there is no sidewalk, always stay near the left side of the road in single file.
  4. Do not cross intersections opposing street lights.
  5. Always watch for traffic in all directions - vehicles are bigger and danger is ever present.
  6. Light colored clothing is always recommended.
  7. On cloudy days or at night, wear/use reflective gear - front and back.
  8. It is recommended you run/walk with a training partner or a group.
  9. If you use an Ipod, remember you need to be able to hear traffic, angry animals, etc.
  10. First and foremost - Safety First! It could save your life.
Borrowed from San Antonio Roadrunners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!